Friday, June 1, 2012

Can't keep up...

with the blog, that is. I feel like I'm always at least a week behind in my posts. Like this one, for instance. Memorial Weekend was a bittersweet one for us.

Sweet because we got to spend Friday celebrating the marriage of our friends Zach and Jessica. They're a couple in our community group and also the couple I mentioned in a previous post that we were meeting with for premarital counseling. So this was an extra fun one for us to attend. Well, I guess attend is not the right word. Josh performed the ceremony, so he didn't just "attend." This was his 2nd wedding to do (first being my brother's) and he did an amazing job. Almost all the other couples from our group were also at the wedding so it was a really great time of fellowship with them too. We are super thankful for these folks we get to do life with.

 The only pic I have of the ceremony. Not a great one, but I was really far back and clearly don't know how to properly use our fancy camera. It was focused on the fern. I'm learning little by little. Anyways, you still get to see Josh doing what he does. So proud. :) 

 The girls from community group. Jessica looked beautiful! (Only wish the Dixon's and the Nelson's were there too.) 

 And the guys.

Now for the "bitter" part. My brother and his wife officially moved away on Sunday (and by away, I mean clear across to the other side of the state.) We got to spend some sweet time with them on Saturday night before the official move, but that almost made it a little harder because it just reminded me how much fun we have with them. It may have been short-lived, but it sure was nice living so close to family for a while. I know it sounds like I'm throwing a pity-party for myself, but there's also a big part of me that's really excited for them too. This is a fun next step for them, not to mention a great first job for Ryan. So, sad yes, but also really proud.

And then the rest of the weekend was spent just enjoying time as our sweet family of 3 and soaking up time with our little buddy. And of course, I leave you with pictures that I just couldn't resist sharing...


Have I mentioned that he's a little wild man? Always on the move! This was after he finished eating. Didn't realize you can't really crawl in that position. But I mean, really, that face?

Before bath time. Just can't get enough of him!

1 comment:

the woolseys said...

it's official: jake and campbell WILL be getting married. it's a win win!