We closed on the 1st, had everything in here by the 2nd. It looked like a tornado had come through the house at the time, but regardless, we are so thankful for the amazing friends we had to help us get moved in. It went so fast. As Josh has said a few times to people in the past couple weeks, we took off in a sprint with the unpacking - probably 75% of it was done by day 2 - and then we hit a wall. We have slowly continued the process, and it's definitely feeling more and more like home. I know I have plenty of time to make it what I want, but it's so hard not to want to do everything right away. I'm having to pull back the reigns a little on that desire to have it perfect immediately.
We feel beyond blessed to own another home and continue to be blown away by the Lord's provision. Now that we finally have our own place here in NWA, we can't wait to host everyone and have everyone over for dinner. We love opening up our home to others. I also have to remember it's not possible to have them all over in one week. :)
Anyways, here's a pic of the outside. I'll post some pics of the inside as we slowly work on each room.
Here's what the house looks like now. Below is what it looked like when we went under contract. Not much difference, but we asked them to paint the white part to match the color of the siding on the back of the house. The white, in our opinion, didn't really fit. So the reason for the delay-I was waiting for them to finish painting. Legit excuse, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment