Time for another family birthday shout-out. Today is my older sister's birthday. Let me start out by saying I was always extremely jealous of Paige's birth date growing up. She shares it with Michael Jordan. And if you know anything about my childhood, you know that I was slightly obsessed with Michael. Oh, the pictures I could share. I'll spare myself the humiliation. Anyways...
Paige and I, in a lot of ways, may seem totally different. She's a blonde; I'm a brunette. She was a dancer and is extremely musical; I was the epitome of a tomboy. She used to hang posters of cute movie stars (from Big Bopper magazine...sample pic below, you're welcome Paige) on her side of the room; I had Chicago Bulls posters and Dream Team wall stickers on my side.
Paige and I, in a lot of ways, may seem totally different. She's a blonde; I'm a brunette. She was a dancer and is extremely musical; I was the epitome of a tomboy. She used to hang posters of cute movie stars (from Big Bopper magazine...sample pic below, you're welcome Paige) on her side of the room; I had Chicago Bulls posters and Dream Team wall stickers on my side.
Can I just say that I remember at least 3 of these guys were on our wall? Hopefully Paige got this edition because it had 2 posters of Jonathan Brandis (her favorite) - whoa!
She is gentle and super sweet. Well, let's just say most people wouldn't use those words when describing me. :) She is a people pleaser; oh wait, so am I. We'll just say she's more the "harmonizer"; I like to please more by my performance. Anyways, you get the idea.
But when it really comes down to it, we are alike in a lot of the ways that matter. I love that so many of our values and standards and priorities are the same. It allows us to be really close. And I love that. I feel especially blessed that she had a child almost exactly one year before I did. It's been really comforting to know I can call her with questions or when I need some encouragement. We've been able to relate in a lot of ways since neither of our boys would qualify in the "easy baby" category. But they sure are cute! She's an incredible mom.
So, as grateful as I am for Michael Jordan today, I'm even more grateful for my sister. :) My parents and Ryan and Libby are making the trek down to Texas this weekend to see Paige and her family. You can bet if my child didn't hate his carseat, that we'd be joining them. Happy Birthday Paige! We miss you.
Oh, and of course, I had to throw in a couple oldie pics. What would a birthday post be without it? :)



No comments:
Post a Comment