Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sweet Susie...


I thought I'd take today to really introduce you to Susie. If you caught the blog yesterday, you saw a couple pictures of her from Christmas. We like to think of her as our 3rd grandma. She truly is like family. And she's so special - I have to tell you more about her.


Susie might - being generous - reach 5 feet tall. But this little lady has more energy, more spunk, and more joy than 10 people half her age. Susie came into our life when she joined my mom's Sunday school class at church, gosh I don't know, about 7 or 8 years ago. Maybe longer. Anyways, she joined my mom's group because she didn't want to be in Sunday school with people her age. She said old people complained too much. She is certainly young at heart. She doesn't have any family nearby, so we get to have her as part of our family for the holidays (well, and all the time for that matter.) And we love it.

Susie has a story and a past (who doesn't?) - one that she isn't proud of, but isn't afraid to share with others because it gives her the chance to share of Christ's redeeming power in her life. And let me tell you, she shares it every chance she gets. There's no doubt (and no wondering) where Susie's joy comes from - she will tell you! She loves the Lord SO much and isn't embarrassed or ashamed to incorporate Him into every conversation. Because He truly is in EVERY part of her life.

I wish everyone could have a Susie in their life. Her joy is contagious. Susie not only inspires me to have joy and energy like her when I'm "old" - she challenges me now. Challenges me not to be ashamed of the Gospel and to see God in all the little things. What an amazing woman of faith! I wish you could all meet her. She would bless your soul. :)


"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes..." Romans 1:16

1 comment:

God's Garden Gate said...

wow that when I get older I must meet Susie - Ha Ha, but not about meeting Mrs Susie. Please allow Susie to share the dreams,you dont have to tell her you know me - but I bet Mrs Susie maight could just relate to the tour of the Empty Vessel - by the way my motherly loving long time family friend,would represent Jesus on the tour - But Ms Susie now knows of both sides LOL