I think I said I would post this yesterday. That didn't happen. Shocker, right? Better late than never. Anyways, here's the update as promised. We are buying a house! Yep, our 3rd one is almost 6 years of marriage. Ridiculous, I know. We hope and plan to stay in this one for a long time. (Just hope the Lord has the same plan as us.) ;)
Long story attempted to be short...back around Christmas when we found out we'd have to be out of this rent house by the beginning of March, the pressure was on. That really only gave us a month to find a house since closing usually takes around a month. Even though we didn't want to rush, we REALLY didn't want to have to make another temporary move. Enough moving already! But we weren't rushing. Josh has been researching houses in Springdale even before we left Branson. I swear he could tell you every house that was listed on 3 or 4 different realty websites. But I'm thankful for that - because it made me feel like we had really done our part in researching the market, knowing what we were looking for, what schools we preferred to be in, etc. (But I'm also he can stop looking now!) :)
Just before we went home for Christmas, we actually put an offer in on a foreclosure. It was a great house listed at a GREAT price, but let's just say it got really complicated and REALLY frustrating - I'll spare you all the details. 22 days passed and we still never heard anything from the bank that owned the property. There were a couple other shady things that happened with it, so we didn't feel peace about it at all. We pulled our offer. And now I'm SO glad we did. We ended up making an offer on a brand new home that dropped in price. No, it's not as good of a purchase as far as "price per square foot," but I like the house better itself, it puts us in ALL the schools we preferred, and the foreclosure would have needed some money put into it up front while this one is move-in ready. I am in love with it - it's definitely the nicest of the 3 homes we've owned. We feel super blessed!
I will definitely put up some pictures soon, but just want to play it safe and make sure everything goes through. The plan right now is to close on February 1st - so really soon. Less than 2 weeks away at this point! Thanks for any prayers you threw up for us in this process...it's always a little overwhelming, no matter how many times you've done it.
1 comment:
Praying for speedy transactions and closing! Excited for y'all to get to stay in one spot. Ask you guys to pray the opposite for me! To MOVE : )
Post a Comment