Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Repost..."Something has to Change"

So, clearly I'm not a very consistent blogger. I'm also not the best at keeping up with others' blogs. I try, but with the little guy it's difficult. But I have a few of my favorites - friends and family and a few others that I try to read on a regular basis. Such a great way to keep up. Such a great way to be inspired by diy projects, photos, etc. And then every once in a while, a great way to be challenged.

That's what happened when I read Jami's post the other day. I don't REALLY know Jami. She's a friend of a friend. Josh and I did play spades with her and her husband one night and ended up spilling some of the deepest parts of our hearts with them. Pretty cool. But we lost to them. Bad. I digress...

Jami's blog is pretty popular. It's worth adding to your favorites. She is a solid believer. She is raw and real. She is crafty and talented. And did I mention hilarious? Her and her husband Mark have an amazing story and they share their testimony openly. Such a great story of Christ's redeeming power. And if nothing else, you can listen to some pretty cool, eclectic music when you go to her blog. Who needs iTunes or iHeartRadio? :)

So, all that to say - she wrote this post shortly after Christmas. It's thought-provoking and unashamedly convicting. Thanks for sharing Jami.

Something has to Change

It's funny how materialism and money are a battle, no matter which side of the "tracks" you are on. Interesting how Josh and I are more in the place where Jami and Mark used to be. I mean we can buy milk no problem, but we do have to watch every penny, wondering if we'll be able to save at all this month. But yet it's still a struggle. Am I grateful? Do I worry so much about money that it robs the joy and gratefulness out of all that we've been blessed with? There is definitely a reason Christ talks more about money than anything else.

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." Matthew 6:24

Lord, be our Master.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Great insight from both of you. It's funny, my sister pointed me towards this blog to read the post before it about the Christmas pictures. So funny! Thanks for reposting.

You should check out my sister's blog: johnandcarolshow.blogspot.com. Of course, I'm a little biased, but I think it's great and I think you'll like it too. :)