As usual, I intended to post earlier in the week and time has slipped away from me. This has been a big week - well, for Josh at least. He started his new job on Monday. Most of you already know, but for those who don't, he is now working for Fellowship Bible Church of Northwest Arkansas as a Community Pastor, specifically for Springdale. Although he is only 4 days in to the new job, it seems like it is going to be a great fit.
Looking back, we are grateful for the time we had working for K-Life. Josh's job as a Regional Director really stretched and grew him in areas he wouldn't have grown in otherwise, but it is a blessing for him to once again be back in his "sweet spot." This job will allow him to be back on the front-lines of ministry, training and pouring into guys. He is so relational and wired to be with people, so we're thankful for this opportunity.
I'm not going to lie though, it's been an interesting transition for me. (I don't have a job yet and don't plan to go out and look for a "career" or my dream job, since I'll be having a baby in 4 months. The hope is that I will just find a good summer job, then look for something small and part-time I could potentially do from home after the baby is born.) Anyways, it's been interesting because since Josh and I got married 5 years ago, we have always worked together. Some people think that's crazy and wonder how we did it, but we loved it and work together really well. It's not like we spent every moment of the day together, but it was nice that we could eat lunch together, we could just go down the hall and see each other, and we knew what was going on in each other's world. Like I said earlier, I'm excited about this new phase and new job; it's just different. And different isn't necessarily bad, it just takes adjusting. So, make fun of me as much as you want, but I do miss him a little during the day. A job and I'm sure, down the road, a baby will occupy my days more in the future. Looking forward to that.
I felt guilty on Monday when Josh got up early to head to work and I really only had a few things to do, with no set times or agenda, so I occupied my afternoon making him this little treat. (He loves Oreo Balls - thanks Mary Powell for introducing us to them!)
1 comment:
adorable
Post a Comment