Sunday, May 15, 2011

B-town Baby Shower

This is going to sound bad, but there's not a lot I'm going to miss about Branson itself. That is, besides the amazing friends and community we had there. I won't miss the strip (which I think Josh and I drove on maybe 10 total times in the 3 years we were there...you learn the back roads, for sure.) I won't miss the tourism. And I definitely won't miss the old people trying to figure out how to drive in the round-a-bouts. This became humorous, it really did. But I promise that for all of the funny quirks you will find in Branson, you will find that many more amazing people. The community of believers there is incredible. We feel so blessed and encouraged to have spent three years living alongside people who were so like-minded and who challenged us to love the Lord more just by how they live. 


What does this have to do with a baby shower? Well, I don't know exactly. Besides that I am so thankful for the chance I had to gather one last time with these amazing people to not only celebrate this new little life God is giving us, but also a chance to say good-bye. It was a baby shower, but it also turned into a going away party too. Not too many tears - not sure how I skated by that, but I did. (Maybe because I'm not one of those "pretty" criers. My face gets all sour looking - you know the look - and I think it just makes people awkward. I'm jealous of all those pretty criers out there.) 


Anyways, we got some great stuff to get us started, and it was a sweet time of fellowship. As I stated in my last post, my camera stinks so I don't have too many pictures, but here are a few. Oh and the one thing I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of was the final "Baby Dough Predictions" chart. I know I could still take a pic so you could see all the predictions, but I left it at our house in Branson. Anyways, it was hilarious seeing everyone's predictions, especially the little girls that came. My favorite was sweet Holland Houston who picked her birthday for the day the baby would be born - did I mention that was in January? My due date is in September, in case you needed the reminder. So funny. 


The classic diaper cake. Thanks Erika! How long do you think those will last me? 3-4 days, from what I hear! :)

The party favors. Not a good picture, but these are "baby rattle" cake balls (made by the talented Lauren Minor.) They tasted amazing!

3 of the hostesses. Wonderful friends from a wives' accountability group we started 3 years ago. There used to be 6 of us, now with me gone, it's down to 3. I will miss you ladies!

The other 4 hostesses. From our couples' small group at church. We are going to miss our small group so much - such a fun crew!

Random gift shot, but I had to give a shout out. My friend, Sarah Wasemiller, makes these car-seat blankets and they are so stinkin' cute. I'm obsessed with the fabrics she picked out for mine. They fit into the car seat and you can pull the straps through the holes, then wrap the blanket around the baby. The other side is a solid color minky fabric. Check them out (and more of her stuff) at her etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/swas. She is SO talented!






4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Very cute blanket!!! You look beautiful as always!

The Key's said...

Oh my God! Are you even pregnant? You kill me!!! Can't wait to see you guys in NWA.

Erika said...

oh come on, those diapers should last you a good 5 days ;)

Patricia said...

You are the cutest; love the blog!