Wednesday, October 26, 2011

1 Month...and more!

Yep, it's official. Our blog has made the switch to a "mommy" blog. I almost apologized for this, but let's be honest...being a mommy is what I do all day everyday right now. It's all-consuming at the moment, so naturally that's what I have to talk about. So, no apologies.

Jake is one month old today! What in the world?!? So crazy how we have gone from counting in "weeks" to "months" now. I know every parent says this, but I have no idea where the last month has gone. Chalk it up to sleep deprivation, I don't know, but it's flying. It's such a battle right now finding the balance of cherishing these moments and yet, living in survival mode. More on those thoughts later.

But for now...a couple pics I took this morning. Yep, the classic one month shot. Tried to be creative, but let's be honest, any good idea I get comes from Pinterest. Gotta love it. ENJOY!


YAY for being one month old! Super cute onesie courtesy of my talented mother. This is one of several cute ones she's made. I'll have to post pics of the others soon. She's on a roll with creative ideas now. :)


After bathtime. Seriously the cutest in this towel - I could keep him wrapped up in it forever.

Can't leave this out...

October 26th is also a special day for 2 other reasons. One, it's one of my best friend's birthday - Brian Key. Brian was one of my best friends in college. He, Lana, and I were pretty much inseparable. He ended up marrying another amazing friend of mine, Kelly - so that worked out nice for me. I still take credit for setting them up, even though they didn't start dating until a year after putting the bug in their ear. I used to tell them separately they were going to get married and have the most beautiful children. And they do! Call it a gift, I don't know. Anyways, you should check out their blog. They have been through some really tough trials over the past 2 years with their precious daughter, Olivia, and Kelly does a beautiful job of writing about it. Their faith is unshakable. Seriously, they are heroes of mine. :)


This is on old pic of Lana, Brian, and I - courtesy of Lana's facebook page. I wanted to post an oldie of Brian, Kelly, and I, but I'd have to dig them out of a box and scan them in. Again, time is not my friend these days. Sorry, Kel!

October 26th is also special because Josh and I got engaged on this day 6 years ago. I would tell the story (for those who don't know it), but that would take too long and I have a newborn. Not happening. Short end of it, he totally surprised me (I really didn't have a clue), proposed at one of our favorite places in the whole world (K7), and told me he loved me for the first time. Needless to say, that day started the best 6 years of my life.



Where he proposed - old JK church at kamp. If you're a K7 alum, you'll know what that means. I think this was taken on our 1 year wedding anniversary. Crazy to think that was 4 1/2 years ago. Love him!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Little Jakester...happy ONE month!!! You are one handsome fella! Love the pic. Thank you Pinterest for filling my head with cute ideas!!! Also loving the pic of you and Joshy! Crazy how fast time flies!