Monday, September 5, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding...

that I missed.

Yep, that's right. I wasn't there. There are probably 2 people in the whole world (outside of my fam) that I would never miss their wedding - my childhood best friend Lindsey and my college best friend and roomie, Lana. (Well, I got to be in Lindsey's wedding back in June...she was gracious enough to still let me stand up for her even though I was 6 1/2 months pregnant. Thanks Lin!) However, as of yesterday, Lana Hass is now Lana Hawk and I wasn't there for it.

We realized this was going to be the case back in the spring. Josh and I had just started telling people we were expecting (since we were out of our first trimester) around the same time Lana got engaged. Long story short, she had a very small window of opportunity to get married and well, I can't exactly change my due date. Seeing as I'm about 3 weeks from having a baby and Lana's big shindig was about 10 hours away in Indiana, I guess it wasn't meant to happen. But after some awkward silence on the phone and shedding a few good tears, we accepted the situation for what it was.

Bottom line is Lana was going to walk away married to her best friend at the end of the day, whether I was there or not and here in a few weeks, I'll have a little baby in my arms and I'm sure I won't regret the reason I missed. I can still be a source of encouragement and accountability in her marriage whether I got to stand beside her or not.

So to Lana - I love you tons and sent up prayers for you and Adam all day yesterday. I can only imagine how beautiful you looked. (I can't wait to see pictures.) I miss you and I'm beyond blessed to still call you my best friend. Congratulations Mrs. Hawk. :)



Our only picture together on her wedding weekend. We got to skype for a few minutes Saturday morning so I could at least feel a small part of it.

No comments: