Wednesday, January 2, 2013

We're Still Here...

It's officially been 2 1/2 months since my last post. That's just sad. I do have some valid reasons. Here's a few of them (which will also catch you up a little on our life the past couple months)...

Shortly after my last post, I finally got a job! I had been on the search for about 10 months. And I use the word "search" very loosely. I knew what I needed was going to be hard to find. I am still home with Jake and knew I wanted to stay home with him, so I was looking for something I could do from home, that was flexible, or that was going to help us out enough financially for it to be worth the hours I would put in. (We don't have any family close and day care costs make most part-time jobs almost seem pointless.) Anywho, the Lord answered our prayers so specifically - we are beyond grateful! To give you the cliff notes version, I am doing some design work for a friend and amazing woman from our church. She owns a very successful company that makes all sorts of "lovelies" (as she likes to call them) - everything from stationery and recipe cards to stamps, plates, and perpetual calendars. You should check it out: Sincerely Yours Paper. (Her etsy shop is reopening soon...just closed for the holidays. So click the link again soon.) The fit could not have been more perfect for my needs. It's an ongoing job, flexible hours, and she is so much fun to work for. Am I repeating myself if I say I'm super thankful?!? Because I am! All that to say, any free moment I had to sneak in on the computer was spent doing design work. I'm not complaining, I really enjoy it! But needless to say, blogging wasn't on the top of the priority list.

We have also spent a good bit of time over the past couple months in Mountain Home visiting my parents. Does that mean I can't blog? No, but for some reason I totally disconnect from all things social media/phone/technology when I'm there. It's actually kind of nice - thoroughly enjoy the break. Anywho, Jake and I were there for a week in the beginning of November when Josh went on a mission trip to Guadalajara, Mexico. Then we were there for a few days for Thanksgiving and again a few days for Christmas. Again, not an excuse. Just giving you my reasons/catching you up on life.

The other main reason for my absence is STORAGE! What the heck??? Who knew you had limited "storage" on your blog for posting pictures and videos and such? Back at the end of November, I was getting ready to do a catch up post of pics, and it told me I no longer could upload pictures until I purchased more storage space. Genius, Google, genius. Guess that's one way they make their money. I know, it's really my own fault. I'm sure it was explained in the fine print somewhere when I first created this blog...but who reads that stuff, really? So I've been going back and forth on whether or not it's worth purchasing or not. It's not like it costs THAT much, but it's more the principle. I didn't think my blog would COST me money. It's like $2.50/month - I suppose we could probably handle that. I still haven't paid for it - hence the post full of only WORDS. Who wants that?

I swear we were also sick for like a month straight. Well at least one of us was. When Josh got back from Mexico, he caught some sort of virus, and we just passed it around between the three of us for a month. Not fun. Another reason I wasn't super focused on blogging. But we're well right now! Knock on wood.

So there you have it. All my "reasons" (excuses or whatever you choose to call them.) Hope that catches you up a little. If I ever do purchase more storage space (which is likely) - I will post a more interesting picture update. There are LOTS of them to catch up on. Beware of picture overload. Happy 2013 everyone!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I had the exact same thing happen to me with my pictures! Who knew? I am holding out on paying more and in the mean time this is what I am doing. I upload the pictures to flikr and then you can copy and paste a html link in your post and the pictures show up when you post. Some people use photobucket, but I didn't like the size of the pictures. Flikr seemed a lot easier. It's an extra step, but it works for now!

Linds said...

I use Flickr also. I have a paid account, but I view it as paying to backup my precious memories. If my hard drive ever crashed, I'd have high Res backups on Flickr to go back to. So I view it as more of a memory expense rather than a blog expense.