I have a new favorite activity with Jake. Well, activity may be a stretch, but however it's classified, I'm going to cherish it as long (or short) as it may last. One afternoon last week, I decided to plug in my iPod and play some Frank Sinatra. (Random fact about me: I love music from the Big Band Era...something soothing about it.) Anywho, I started goofing off with Jake to one of the more upbeat songs and dancing him around the living room. He got a pretty big kick out of it. The next song that came on was slower, and the sweet buddy started resting his head on my shoulder and snuggled with me while I danced around. Important side note: Jake is NOT a snuggler! He snuggles a little bit with me when I sing to him before he goes to bed, but even then, he is so squirmy. The kid is always on the go...no time for snuggling. Well, until now. So you better believe I'm taking advantage of it!
My life is definitely not glamorous. In fact, I lead a pretty simple, small life. (An exciting day for us is taking a walk with friends or running some errands.) But moments like these make all the slow days worth it. So if you come by my house in the afternoon and hear music playing, you might just find me having a little dance session. Just me and Jake (well, and Frank.) :)
1 comment:
I may have to try this... how sweet!
: )
Post a Comment