Two weekends ago we made a quick trip to Branson, and I've been meaning to post a few pics from our trip. We'd been trying to get up there for a couple months, so it was fun to finally reconnect with old friends and introduce Jake to everyone. We absolutely LOVE where we are now and the community we have already formed here, but we sure do miss the friends we had in Branson. Josh is doing his best to bring all of them down here to us - the best of both worlds! One couple down, several to go. ;) Anyways, I digress.
The main reason we made the trip that particular weekend was because 2 of our good friends - Marissa and Bodie - were getting engaged. Here's a little background for those who are interested...Marissa discipled me for 2 years when I was in college. We would meet at Neighbor's Mill in Harrison twice a month. To put it simply, she taught me the Word. And I've been on fire to pass all that on ever since. So really, it began with her. I could go on and on...but to sum it up, she's one of the most amazing God-fearing women you will ever meet. As for Bodie, well, we were his host family when he was in the Institute, so we really like to consider ourselves more like family. We weren't even supposed to be his host family but there was a switch last minute. I don't like over-spiritualizing things, but I truly believe that was a God-thing. He and Josh have become so close. I've never been around 2 people who can quote movies back and forth like they can. They really have their own language. And I won't get all sappy about him, but if you know Mo at all, you know that Bodie has to be incredible to have won her heart. And he is.
Anyways, it was so fun to be there for the big weekend and such a blessing to be a part of it. Josh actually got to hide in the woods and photograph the proposal. I was a little jealous he got to see the whole thing happen firsthand. I think one of the first things I asked Josh was "Did she cry?" He said, "A little - when she read the letter he wrote her. But she was more just jumping up and down." So perfect. Several other friends came in from out of town for the engagement so it was like a little reunion too. Such a great weekend!
The main reason we made the trip that particular weekend was because 2 of our good friends - Marissa and Bodie - were getting engaged. Here's a little background for those who are interested...Marissa discipled me for 2 years when I was in college. We would meet at Neighbor's Mill in Harrison twice a month. To put it simply, she taught me the Word. And I've been on fire to pass all that on ever since. So really, it began with her. I could go on and on...but to sum it up, she's one of the most amazing God-fearing women you will ever meet. As for Bodie, well, we were his host family when he was in the Institute, so we really like to consider ourselves more like family. We weren't even supposed to be his host family but there was a switch last minute. I don't like over-spiritualizing things, but I truly believe that was a God-thing. He and Josh have become so close. I've never been around 2 people who can quote movies back and forth like they can. They really have their own language. And I won't get all sappy about him, but if you know Mo at all, you know that Bodie has to be incredible to have won her heart. And he is.
Anyways, it was so fun to be there for the big weekend and such a blessing to be a part of it. Josh actually got to hide in the woods and photograph the proposal. I was a little jealous he got to see the whole thing happen firsthand. I think one of the first things I asked Josh was "Did she cry?" He said, "A little - when she read the letter he wrote her. But she was more just jumping up and down." So perfect. Several other friends came in from out of town for the engagement so it was like a little reunion too. Such a great weekend!
Jake with JB & Ashley. Naturals. No pressure guys. Miss them both.
Jake and Sarah. Thanks for letting us stay! Amazing hostess.
At dinner with the Minor's.
Attempt at a group shot. Jake clearly wanted a picture with Lauren by himself. Can you blame him?
Not the greatest pics, but an attempt to get a shot of all of us hiding in the laundry room at Mo's surprise engagement party before she got there. These pics are out of order. The engagement ones are at the bottom. Saved the best for last!
The other side of the laundry room. So many people there to celebrate with Mo.
Carrie, Faith, & Jennifer at the party.
The Hampsch girls. Yep, there's three now. Wish I had gotten a pic of Ansley and Jake meeting for the first time. He reached out and touched her hand. Destiny. ;)
Lauren, Lauren, Minor, and Sarah.
Mo and Bodie sharing their story. Wish everyone could hear it - doesn't get much better.
Ashley and I with my little man.
Mo and some of the girls at the party.
Definitely a framer. Not sure if you can see their faces but they both have the biggest smiles on their faces.
Bodie pointing out Josh taking pictures in the woods.
Can you find him? Look closely.
Oh there he is! :)

Us with the Future Connolly's. (Jake was all partied out at this point if you couldn't tell. Poor buddy.)
Congrats Bodie & Mo! And thanks for your amazing example of faithfulness. Love to see how the Lord is blessing you. We couldn't be happier for you two. Let the countdown to May 6th begin!
Us with the Future Connolly's. (Jake was all partied out at this point if you couldn't tell. Poor buddy.)
No comments:
Post a Comment