So, like I promised...here's the update on the vehicle situation. As stated in the previous post, we've had a lot happen in the past couple weeks. All great things, just A LOT to take in. Including what happened on Tuesday.
We've known for months now that we would need to reconsider our current vehicle situation. Josh has driven a '99 Jeep Wrangler for the past 3 years, and it's worked great b/c he didn't drive it very much. Just to work (which used to be a 4-minute drive) when we weren't driving together and around town on a really nice day. The Jeep seriously only used a tank and a half of gas every month - max. So no biggie!
We've known for months now that we would need to reconsider our current vehicle situation. Josh has driven a '99 Jeep Wrangler for the past 3 years, and it's worked great b/c he didn't drive it very much. Just to work (which used to be a 4-minute drive) when we weren't driving together and around town on a really nice day. The Jeep seriously only used a tank and a half of gas every month - max. So no biggie!
Well, with the new job and baby on the way, we knew it was time to sell the Jeep. Josh drives around (town, not long-distance...don't be confused) like crazy for his new job, and the Jeep was KILLING our gas budget. Let's just say it got about 12 miles to the gallon. Yep, I know. We'll blame it on the huge tires. So anyways, we started fixing up a few of the things that needed fixing (not the big things, just the affordable ones) and cleaned it really well on Saturday.
I, being (slightly Type A) added "Put the Jeep on Craigslist" to my to-do list, and Tuesday afternoon I was really wanting to cross another thing off, so I told Josh that we should go ahead and list. So we did. I assumed it would take a while to sell. I was wrong.
Josh jokingly told me as soon as we posted the ad, "Okay, start the timer. Let's see how long it takes to get our first call." Well....
18 minutes later...we got a call and an offer at our goal price. The guy showed up at our place within another 10 minutes, and they were off to the bank 20 minutes after that. So literally, in less than an hour, the Jeep was gone and we had cash in hand.
This is a good thing, I know. But it happened SO FAST that I didn't feel like I had time to process. I called my dad b/c I still don't feel like I'm old enough to make these big decisions on my own even though I'm 28 and have been married for 5 1/2 years. Do you ever feel old enough to feel confident making huge decisions like that? I don't know.
So, we're currently down to one car (which we can make work for a while) and on the hunt for a crossover vehicle that will serve as more of a family car. I'm excited.
I realize this sounds silly, but I feel kind of bad for Josh. If you know him at all, you know he is OBSESSED with Jeep Wranglers. I mean, wrangler owners seriously have their own club. They wave at every other wrangler (and ONLY wranglers) they pass on the road...and get offended when they don't wave back. It's like improper etiquette or something. But he told me it was worth it - he gets a baby out of the deal! Anyways, I hope that someday we can afford to get him another wrangler - even just as an extra vehicle.
In the meantime though, thanks for sacrificing babe! The Jeep will be missed. :(
I, being (slightly Type A) added "Put the Jeep on Craigslist" to my to-do list, and Tuesday afternoon I was really wanting to cross another thing off, so I told Josh that we should go ahead and list. So we did. I assumed it would take a while to sell. I was wrong.
Josh jokingly told me as soon as we posted the ad, "Okay, start the timer. Let's see how long it takes to get our first call." Well....
18 minutes later...we got a call and an offer at our goal price. The guy showed up at our place within another 10 minutes, and they were off to the bank 20 minutes after that. So literally, in less than an hour, the Jeep was gone and we had cash in hand.
This is a good thing, I know. But it happened SO FAST that I didn't feel like I had time to process. I called my dad b/c I still don't feel like I'm old enough to make these big decisions on my own even though I'm 28 and have been married for 5 1/2 years. Do you ever feel old enough to feel confident making huge decisions like that? I don't know.
So, we're currently down to one car (which we can make work for a while) and on the hunt for a crossover vehicle that will serve as more of a family car. I'm excited.
I realize this sounds silly, but I feel kind of bad for Josh. If you know him at all, you know he is OBSESSED with Jeep Wranglers. I mean, wrangler owners seriously have their own club. They wave at every other wrangler (and ONLY wranglers) they pass on the road...and get offended when they don't wave back. It's like improper etiquette or something. But he told me it was worth it - he gets a baby out of the deal! Anyways, I hope that someday we can afford to get him another wrangler - even just as an extra vehicle.
In the meantime though, thanks for sacrificing babe! The Jeep will be missed. :(
2 comments:
It's ok, Josh. I miss my '98 soft top too, but we do love our baby and the 40 mpg on the Jetta. sigh...the end of an era. I still wave at Wranglers, even though they don't get it.
I made Richard sell his truck when we got married. He's still in mourning, seven years later!! Good luck....
Post a Comment