So, you want to know when I actually created this blog? Pretty sure it was over 2 years ago. You want to know why I never launched it? I'd like to say it's because I have been busy or because we were serving on mission trips in remote parts of the world without access to the internet, but that would simply not be true. It's because I'm a perfectionist. Yep, if you know me well, you already knew the answer (and were probably slightly annoyed by it.) I wanted our blog to have just the right fonts, a cute header, other blogs to follow, interesting posts...you get the idea. Well, I'm getting over that and just joining the blogging world, perfect or not (clearly, the latter.)
It's amazing how your greatest strengths almost always serve as your greatest weaknesses too. Sometimes my perfectionism is a wonderful thing, other times it's a hindrance. I don't think my family will ever fully believe me when I say this (because they knew me in my much more anal and obsessive years), but I really feel like the Lord has given me so much freedom in this area. Yes, it's an area that He is continually sanctifying me in, but it encourages me that He loves me enough to not leave me where He found me.
So all that to say, I'm joining the blogging world. I hope that my content is interesting (especially since we have so many big transitions and changes happening soon), but the bottom line is - I'm blogging because I think it will be a great way to keep our friends and family updated and to journal our day-to-day lives. Hopefully these posts will serve as reminders of great memories as we grow old together. I know I will fail at times keeping up with this on a super regular basis, but my husband is always telling me that I need to learn how to fail. So here's to not being perfect and to knowing it's okay to fail sometimes! (oh and to blogging)
Hope you'll follow me and visit regularly (and maybe even add me to your blog roll - WHOA, bold request I know. Just think about it.) I hope to make a post with pictures tomorrow (just trying to entice you to come back, in case you didn't catch that) seeing as it's a pretty important day. Sorry, I can't give it away yet.
6 comments:
Hello! So glad you have a blog. I love reading them and you'll have to check out mine.
thenewtonnetwork.blogspot.com
Congrats on the baby! It is an exciting time!
I'm following!
here's to imperfection in the blogging world!! i'd love to have you follow me as well ;) thegrimmers.blogspot.com
I subscribed to you. Can't wait to hear about these changes in your lives. If you wanna read up on what I've been doing in Barcelona mine is barcalicia.wordpress.com.
Miss you guys!
-Al Pal
Good job Kelli! So glad to see you blogging!. I started mine when I opened my store, but I had the same hesitation as you. Now or never, right! I am at frecklesstyle.blogspot.com
Candace
blogging is for your memories...who cares about everything else. you learn all the ins and outs as you keep blogging, anyway. glad you're in the blog world!
Post a Comment